- Turn off water from tank to house
- Turn off water to tank
- Turn off gas
- Turn pilot off
- Crack tmp valve and drain water to toilet via an inline pump. One end can be a braided hose and the other a regular hose. The drain is at the bottom. A screwdriver is used to open the valve for draining.
- Once tank is drained, remove gas line attached to tank and fittings.
- Cut and remove hot and cold lines from top of tank
- Move tank out and move new tank in. Reconnect new fittings, new copper and perhaps new pex where necessary.
- After reinstall, turn water back on and check for leaks with 'Leak Detection' fluid.